The Neighbourhood Plan
gives local people the power to agree the shared vision for their area. The plan can set out policies for the development and use of land covered by a Neighbourhood Area, and has formal weight in deciding future planning applications.
Why do we need one?
- The plan will have statutory status – greater influence over planning decisions
- More say for residents on specific local issues than in the Local Plan
- Community-led process not ‘top-down’
- Helps to place local environmental and conservation issues at the top of the agenda
- Provides an opportunity to specify which sites will be developed and the housing ‘mix’
- Encourages dialogue with a range of organisations
- Can encourage community projects and self-build initiatives.
Link to Linton Parish Council Neighbourhood Plan information pages.